Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Will a Camera work without an Electric eye?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Shutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I have a Gaf Anscomatic st/101 that requires a hard to find battery that powers the "electric eye". Will the camera work without the electric eye?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes it will, but your exposure will only be correct if you use an external light meter, and this only applies if your camera allows you to set the exposure manually (most do).

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 08, 2003 08:13 AM: Message edited by: BolexPlusx ]</font>

  3. #3
    Inactive Member al77's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2003
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If the camera doesn't have manual exposure you could try to get a battery from this place - http://www.weincell.com/weinchart.htm - they list that they have a battery for that model of camera but the page hasn't been updated since 2001 so that may no longer be the case.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 24th, 2003
    Posts
    24
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    How do I use an external light meater?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member regular8mm's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 27th, 2003
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://www.16mmoviemaking.com/light_meter.htm

    Yesterday I bought a SLR Russian 35mm still camera for $2 at a school flea market. Wow. Usually light meters in cameras are dead but I figured that since I had some light meters ($5) I'd be able to use the camera mechanically; or rather teach my 7 year old son to shoot. I loaded and unloaded the camera for him and took all the light readings and he did all the shooting. He loved it.

    It is really fun to shoot film manually with a hand held light meter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •